At the beginning of the 20th century, Mr. José María Latorre García made his wines in two trullos, located in the “Del Árbol” and “San Blas de Venta del Moro” streets. In 1940, seeing the constant increase of vineyards in the area, thanks to the great growth rate of the vine with respect to other crops, he decided to build a winery on the outskirts of the municipality.
After founding Latorre Agrovinícola, together with his sons José María, Miguel and Luis in 1968, an important expansion of the company was made after the purchase of the “Casa Garrido” farm. Together with the old “El Parreño” Combined, it added 200 Hectares of own vineyard; and the construction of a winery in 1973, which, although being in the form of a concrete monoblock, already had the cold temperature needed for the elaboration of its wines.
These were followed by further extensions and improvements in 1982 and 1986. But it was 1988, when the processing system was changed with new destemming equipment, crushing, self-emptying tanks with pumping and controlled temperature, pressing and vacuum rotary filter for cleaning musts, all built in stainless steel. In 1999 the barrel warehouses, bottle aging, stabilization and bottling were built, as well as a new laboratory, offices, tasting room and shop. Showing our products directly and affably, both bulk wines, as well as those that carry our own brands, “Parreño“, “Catamarán” and “Duque de Arcas” to the public that visits us.